Minneapolis, Minn. (January 7, 2019) – ELUX Marine, Inc., an innovative Minnesota-based boat manufacturer, will launch its revolutionary new ELUX electric luxury fiberglass pontoon at the Minneapolis Boat Show, January 24-27, 2019, at the Minneapolis Convention Center.
ELUX Marine was started by medical device entrepreneur Howard Root and boat craftsman Bart Jones to bring a new concept to boating – one that’s fresh, quiet, trouble-free, electric.
The result of their collaboration is now available in the ELUX electric luxury pontoon – a 24’ fiberglass pontoon powered by a 72-volt, 420-amp lithium battery pack propelling a direct drive inboard electric motor at speeds up to 14mph. At cruising speed, the ELUX electric pontoon motors for over 10 hours on a single charge and recharges simply by plugging into a standard electrical outlet. Initial limited 2019 production of the ELUX pontoon will be available for sale and delivery in May.
The benefits of electric boating with the ELUX pontoon include:
- Trouble-free: ELUX’s electric drive makes operating and maintaining a boat easy. There’s no gas to fill, no oil to change, no ignition to fail and no engine to winterize.
- Emissions-free: ELUX’s lithium battery pack means there’s no exhaust to smell and no emissions in the air or water. Gone are the days of gas spills and oil slicks.
- Noise-free: Electric boating means quiet boating. Passengers on the ELUX can enjoy the sounds of nature, listening to music or quiet conversation without having to shout over a gasoline-powered engine.
“We started ELUX Marine to redefine the pontoon experience by using the clean power of electricity to lead the next generation of enjoyment on the water,” said Howard Root, Chief Executive Officer of ELUX Marine. “Our ELUX electric luxury fiberglass pontoon combines the simplicity of an electric motor with the luxury of a fiberglass design to deliver the most pleasurable and trouble-free pontoon boating experience available.”
Bart Jones, Chief Design Officer of ELUX Marine, described the development of the ELUX electric luxury fiberglass pontoon, “When I started my design work five years ago, I asked myself a simple question: What if a pontoon didn’t look like a pontoon? Starting with a blank sheet of paper, I sought to create a pontoon that was tailored for lake cruising but was also sleek and stylish. The first step was to integrate the pontoons into the hull and the final result is the ELUX pontoon – a boat that meets the pontoon cruising needs for Minnesota lakes with a design that uses clean, simple lines to make a bold statement.”
Beyond the benefits of electric power, the luxury standard features of the ELUX include:
- Integrated passenger seating for 12, with flip-up storage & multiple USB chargers
- Slide-out cabinets for full-sized cooler, trash and recycling storage
- Unobstructed 2’ swim platform with under-mount telescoping ladder
- GPS with Simrad GO9 XSE 9” display and TotalScan transducer sonar
- Premium Infinity stereo by Harmon Kardan with 8 speakers, subwoofer and Bluetooth
- LED bow and stern lighting
- Handheld electric portable vacuum
- Removable custom shade sail for protection from the sun and rain
- Removable transom gate and full-sized table
- Pull-up cleats and quick release customized flat boat fenders
To see the revolutionary new ELUX electric luxury fiberglass pontoon, visit ELUX Marine in Booth 17 at the Minneapolis Boat Show to be held at the Minneapolis Convention Center:
- Thursday, January 24th from 2pm to 9pm
- Friday, January 25th from 12pm to 9pm
- Saturday, January 26th from 10am to 9pm
- Sunday, January 27th from 10am to 5pm